Yellowstone was our next stop on the great adventure. It has been years since I was there last so I was really looking forward to it. Once inside the park we saw a eagle and its chicks, and a small herd of elk. It was amazing to see how the park has recovered from the fires of years ago. We stopped at Old Faithful and took a walk around the geyser basin before watching Old Faithful go off.

It was still as amazing as I remember. It was cool to see all the geysers and pools and the amazing colors each one displayed. We spotted our first buffalo at Firehole lake. It was a big bull hanging out in the trees.


After lunch we headed to the Canyons area of the park. We were awed by the beauty of the Upper Falls and the Yellowstone Grand Canyon.

From the canyons we headed to Tower Falls.

This was a beautiful drive over the mountains. We had some delicious ice cream at the falls. A few mile down we saw a black bear. I jumped out of the car with camera in hand and ran down the road to get the pic. I snapped a couple of pics and turned out and here comes all the boys running down this narrow road in the middle of traffic. I am sure we made quite the sight as I rounded them back up and headed back to the car. It was amazing seeing the bear, and the highlight of the day.

No comments:
Post a Comment